Gutter guards are filters that attach to a home’s gutter system to filter and block leaves, debris, and animals from entering the gutter system. Gutter guards work in high flow water situations and can prevent clogs, floods or damage to your home.
What Makes a Gutter Guard Great?
- The gutter guard is made of 316 stainless steel micro mesh.
- The design of the gutter guard keeps pine needles, roof granules, animals, and debris of many sizes out of your gutter system.
- Maintenance of the gutter guard is simple and cleaning it only consists of clearing or spraying off the debris that has gathered on top, if any.
- They offer better warranties than other gutter guards in the market.
- Perfect for high flow water situations.
LeafBlaster gutter guards are an example of “great” gutter guards.
What Makes a Gutter Guard Good?
- The gutter guard material is aluminum or similar material.
- The gutter guard is designed with small holes that allow water in and keep most debris out. The design also features ripples that allow breezes to blow off leaves and other debris.
- Often troublesome if pine needles fall on your home – as pine needles get stuck in larger holes, it makes it more difficult to clean and maintain.
- Sometimes on steep pitch roofs and in high flow water areas, water can run over these gutter guards as the holes don’t allow high amounts of water in at once.
Bulldog gutter guards are an example of “good” gutter guards.
What Makes a Gutter Guard Bad?
- The gutter guard material is made of foam.
- The gutter guard holds moisture and grows algae.
- The gutter guard collects dirt, dust, and debris and is difficult to maintain.
- The gutter guard clogs easily and water cannot flow efficiently.
- Clogs increase weight in gutters which can damage fascia and gutter system.
Testimonials About Our Gutter Guards Service
From the day that I inquired for an estimate until the roof and gutter installation was complete Rusty was always available, informative, and kept me up in the status of everything. Kudos to you all!!
Very helpful and transparent about our roof inspection. We had gutter guards added to our home and were very pleased with the installation. Excellent staff and customer service. Thank you advanced roofing!
Clyde and the entire team from Advanced roofing made the entire process of roof and gutter replacement stress free. The team showed up on time, cleaned and I had a new roof installed in one day. When I said they cleaned up…. I mean these guys were literally on their hands and knees picking up every nail or shred of paper around my entire property. Thank for a job done
We Are Proud to Offer Gutter Guards in These Cities & More!
At Advanced Roofing, we are proud to serve the local community in and around Huntsville, AL. We provide a wide range of roofing services to meet the needs of all our customers. Whether you’re in need of repairs, a replacement, or regular maintenance, we’re here to help. Choose your city of service below and contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Benefits of Installing Gutter Guards On Your Home
- Improves the water flow through the gutter system
- Prevents clogging and blockages in the gutters and downspouts
- Saves homeowners time and money
- Maintains the gutter sealant longevity which prevents unsightly leaks
- Reduces the amount of gutter maintenance needed
- Avoids infestations from mice, insects, and other critters
For further information on the benefits and importance of gutter guards, click here to read through our blog about it!
If you are interested in having gutter guards installed on your property, call Advanced Roofing & Construction, LLC at 256-603-9171 to learn more about the different gutter guard products we offer and to get a free gutter guard estimate! We are DoneRight by GutterGlove Pros and are equipped to help you with your gutter guard needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Gutter guards serve as a filtration system for leaves and debris that land on your home and navigate to your gutter system, essentially guarding your gutters from becoming clogged and unable to perform their main purpose which is to direct water from your roof to the ground in an organized and efficient manner. You want your gutters to perform at their best so that they send water away from your home and prevent water from penetrating your home’s foundation.
Different types of gutter guards can filter different types of debris and some filter more than others. As a homeowner, it is important to decide if you are willing to get a better quality gutter guard and reduce the maintenance requirements vs. going with a lower quality gutter guard and having to maintain it more often. Some seasons like fall may require more maintenance since leaves are constantly falling in comparison to winter where the trees are mostly bare. If you have more tree coverage, you may need to check your gutter guards more often than someone who does not have trees near their home.
The type of gutter guards you choose will determine the amount of maintenance required to keep them clean and free of debris build-up. Some may only require occasional spraying or brushing to remove larger debris that has not blown off of the guards over time. You may use your garden hose to spray off debris or you can purchase a gutter guard brush which allows you to brush off debris without having to use a ladder. Some gutter guards can successfully repel pine needles in areas where they are present and others cannot. If you have a pine tree nearby, you may need to periodically check your gutter guards for pine needle build-up to prevent the holes from clogging.
Generally, gutter guard installations take 1 day to complete. Some projects could take longer due to the complexity and size of the job.